How to Uninstall a Program Using Revo Uninstaller
How to Uninstall a Program Using Revo Uninstaller
Revo is an uninstaller designed specifically for Microsoft Windows. It effectively uninstalls programs and removes all associated files and Windows registry left behind by the program’s default uninstaller, or Windows uninstall function. If those unwanted files are not removed, they tend to occupy space in the users’ drive. As a result, users can’t ensure optimal utilization of hard drive resources.
Features of Revo Uninstaller
Revo first runs the default uninstaller that usually comes with all the utilities, then identifies and removes all those programs that automatically install into your computer. Without Revo, your Windows uninstaller could not identify these useless programs.
Revo uninstaller effectively removes
- Files in the temporary folder.
- All the entries are in the Windows start-up application folder.
- Browsing history and cache of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Mozilla, Opera, and Netscape.
- All those files that you might be running in the Microsoft Office Applications.
Above all, Revo Uninstaller unleashes the software-based method, Data eraser, to overwrite data that tends to destroy resides on the hard disk drive or other digital media.
Here are the features you get with the Revo Uninstaller Freeware:
- Complete scanning of leftover files upon the successful execution of the program’s built-in uninstaller.
- 24/7 customer and technical support to address your queries.
- Uninstall Windows default apps that usually occupy space in your hard drive and are completely useless.
Here are some additional features that you get with Revo Uninstaller pro.
- Remove browser extensions that you never use.
- Effectively removes all the files associated with the uninstalled program.
- Scanning of all the files that get installed into your disk automatically once you install any software. Unfortunately, these files still acquire your hard drive space even if you run the software’s built-in uninstaller.
- Real-time monitoring of the changes that might occur in your system on the uninstallation of system software.
- Command line program uninstall support
- Full customization.
- Uninstall programs and apps that are useless to non-admin users.
- Scanning of leftovers for all the user accounts of Windows OS.
- Permits you to add 3 new Windows options and tools.
Here are additional features you get with Revo Uninstaller Pro Portable:
- It can be used on multiple computers
- Users don’t need to install it on each computer but can use it with a USB flash drive.
How to Activate Revo Uninstaller Pro Portable
Bear in mind that users cannot activate Revo Uninstaller Pro Portable on each separate computer. It can be activated only once, and then it is transferred to a USB flash drive. Use can use the same flash drive to run Revo on any computer.
How to Uninstall a Program with Revo Uninstaller Pro
To permanently remove a program from your disk using Revo Uninstaller, you must first open the Revo app, select the program from an available list, and hit the Uninstall button on the upper left corner.
Revo Uninstaller displays an overview Window that shows basic information about any app along with an option to enable or disable the creation of the System Restore Program. On top of that, users can create a full registry backup for any specific uninstallation.
Do not hit the continue button if you fail to create a full registry backup. Instead, uncheck all the corresponding options before moving forward. Otherwise, you cannot restore the erroneously deleted programs.
In the next step, Revo Uninstaller will create the backup of a selected program. It will then launch the program’s built-in uninstaller so that you can remove unwanted software from the disk.
Once the program’s built-in uninstaller completes its job, Revo Uninstaller allows you to scan the leftover by clicking the Scan button. In case your selected program doesn’t have a built-in uninstaller, Revo Uninstaller will issue a warning, but you can still pursue the uninstallation process.
You are allowed to select the desired mode to scan your computer for remnants. You can choose between three modes: Safe, Moderate, and Advanced. Each subsequent step takes more time as it performs a deeper scan.
Once the scanning is completed, you’ll see a list of leftover Register entries followed by a list of file leftovers.
Select the leftover files that slow your computer speed by hitting the Delete button. If you want to select all the items, you can hit the Select All button. That being said, we still encourage you to check all the items beforehand.
It is worth mentioning here that only the bolded entries will be deleted. All the remaining entries will display information, so the users will better understand where the bolded entries are located in the registry.
If there are no leftovers Registry, Revo Uninstaller will automatically display the remnants of files and folders. Review all the items and hit the Select All button to mark leftovers and then hit the Delete button.
Upon the successful deletion of leftovers, the uninstallation process will be completed and the program will be permanently removed from your computer.